HSC Chief Information Office
The Health Sciences Center Chief Information Office (CIO) is responsible for managing all information technology and resources across the hospital, practice plan and academic units of UNM Health Sciences Center. They provide leadership, integrative management and direction for the HSC’s shared information systems, including Information Technology (IT) strategic planning, budgeting for information technologies and coordination and integration of all HSC IT matters. The Chief Information Office will assist with planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized clinical and business operations across HSC.
Looking for the latest information on the HSCLink email address update? Go here
By building partnerships with HSC departments and user communities, the CIO helps improve awareness of IT functions that are critical to operations at the HSC. The HSC CIO has oversight of 200+ IT professionals across the HSC. These core areas include:
- Health Sciences Center IT - provides IT services to the academic and research areas, and consists of systems applications, classroom IT and workstation support.
- UNM Medical Group IT - supports all systems and applications used in the practice plan, including employee and clinic workstations.
- UNM Hospital IT - provides technical support in the areas of networking, workstations, collaborative technical security, systems, and UH clinical IT systems and training related to the Electronic Health Records and related systems. They also support the billing and financial systems for University Hospital.
The HSC Chief Information Office also includes the Project Management Office and the Information Security Office.
- The HSC Project Management Office, (PMO) - responsible for the development and oversight of IT project standards, policies and procedures, and provides assistance to the IT project leads to ensure consistency throughout the HSC.
- The HSC Information Security Office, (ISO) - responsible for developing and supporting the HSC IT through IT security policies, analysis of business proposals, training, and incident response.