Related IT Departments
Information Technology Service Providers
In addition to the Technology Support group, the Health Sciences Center has an Application Development group and a Data Center/Systems group. The HSC is also a consumer of IT services provided by other IT organizations such as University Hospitals IT and UNM (Main Campus) IT. Find more information about these groups and the services that they offer below.
Custom web-based database applications — The HSC Application group develops web-based database applications that support research and business efforts across the HSC. This includes all phases of application development: design, coding, implementation and maintenance. At this time the team has close to 70 database applications in use at the HSC.
Application support — The HSC Web and Application group provides administrative support and planning for various HSC-wide applications like:
- Learning Central
IT support for HSC departments — In some cases, the Applications group works with institutional level vendor applications that support core business processes. The level of support provided varies according the particular project. It includes but is not limited to the following:
- Consultations on database reporting
- Consultations on data management
- Assistance with software upgrades
The Systems Group is responsible for the health and availability of all server side resources. This group manages approximately 100 servers for UNM's north campus. They make sure that the servers are running optimally, with the latest approved patches. File maintenance and restoration, account creation and access, and software testing are among their responsibilities. Contact the group by entering a request in Help.HSC.
- Meet response times associated with the priority assigned to customer issues.
- Maintain appropriately trained staff.
- Provide physical security and redundant power.
- Provide backup and disaster-recovery services.
- Maintain records of updates and transactions.
- Maintain ongoing communication with customers prior to and during upgrade and development processes.
- Update OS, virus protection and application software as appropriate.
- Create and maintain user accounts and access.