UNM HSC Vision, Mission and Core Values
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center will work with community partners to help New Mexico make more progress in health and health equity than any other state.
Our mission is to provide an opportunity for all New Mexicans to obtain an excellent education in the health sciences. We will advance health sciences in the most important areas of human health with a focus on the priority health needs of our communities. As a majority-minority state, our mission will ensure that all populations in New Mexico have access to the highest quality health care.
In order to realize our Vision and Mission, we will achieve the following goals:
- Improve health and health care to the populations we serve with community-wide solutions
- Build the workforce of New Mexico by providing a premier education and transformative experience that prepares students to excel in the workplace
- Foster innovation, discovery and creativity; and translate our research and discoveries into clinical or educational practice;
- Provide the environment and resources to enable our people and programs to do their best
- Deliver a well-integrated academic health center that provides high quality of care and service while being accessible to all New Mexicans
- Nurture and embrace an environment of diversity, integrity and transparency
The UNM Health Sciences Center’s most important value is a steadfast duty to improve the health of all New Mexicans. We will serve our patients and the public with integrity and accountability. We will strive as an institution and as individuals to recognize, cultivate and promote all forms of diversity; to fully understand the health needs of our communities; and to advance clinical, academic, and research excellence. We are committed to perform our duties with compassion and respect for our patients, learners, and colleagues; and always to conduct ourselves with the highest level of professionalism.