UNM HSC Wellness
The mission of the UNM HSC Wellness Program is to create a culture of wellness on campus by promoting healthy living and bringing wellness activities and opportunities to all HSC faculty, staff and students.
We offer a variety of services, including affordable fitness classes on campus, meditation groups, live music events, and healthy living tips to improve your life.
The UNM HSC Wellness Program offers a variety of low-cost fitness classes on campus throughout the year. Whether you’re looking for high-intensity cardio sessions, an opportunity to improve your flexibility or a sustainable exercise regimen, we have a class for you.
For more information on fitness classes, contact HSC Wellness at HSC-BeWell@salud.unm.edu.
For more information on the UNM HSC Wellness Center, contact HSC Wellness at HSC-BeWell@salud.unm.edu.
LocationThe new UNM HSC Wellness Center is located on the second floor of Domenici Center West Wing (DCW), directly above the UNM Medical-Legal Bookstore.
HoursThe center's hours are:
- Monday through Thursday, 6:00 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
- Friday, 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 9:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, noon - 11:00 p.m.
AccessThe new center is open to all UNM HSC staff, faculty and students, including UNM HSC departments, UNM Hospitals, and UNM Medical Group who have been issued a badge through UNMH Security (if you have an @salud.unm.edu or @unmmg.org email address).
Access IssuesDue to differences in security systems, UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center faculty and staff will not have access at this time. If you work at SRMC and would like access, please email HSC-BeWell@salud.unm.edu, we are working on a solution for you.If your badge does not allow you to enter the gym, please visit the UNM Hospital Security Badging Office, located on first floor of UNM Hospital, next to Urgent Care. Their hours of operation are:
- Monday, 10:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday through Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Social wellness is an important part of overall well-being, and the UNM HSC Wellness Program offers at least one event each year that brings together staff, faculty and students to celebrate with food, music and fun
This year’s event takes place in September.
For more information on Rock the Bike or to let us know of any issues, contact HSC Wellness at HSC-BeWell@salud.unm.edu.
- 2nd floor of College of Nursing/College of Pharmacy building - one bike.
- Ground floor of Reginald Heber Fitz Hall in the student lounge - one bike.
- 2nd Floor Domenici Center West, near the UNM HSC Wellness Center - 2 bikes - coming soon.
The UNM HSC campus has places where you can squeeze in some exercise time and recharge your mobile device. Rock the Bike recharging stations are equipped with adjustable stationary bikes that have workspace and chargers for up to eight phones.
The stationary bikes are simple to use – just hop on and pedal hard enough to keep the pedometer in the green. Please remember to bring your own charging cable.
If you see that someone else is waiting to use the bike, please limit your time to 20 minutes so that everyone has a chance to use the bike.
- UNM Center for Life (CFL)
- UNM Continuing Education
- UNM Counseling Assistance and Referral Services (CARS)
- UNM Lobo Trails
- UNM Recreational Services
- UNM Student Health & Counseling (SHAC)
- UNM Tuition Remission
- UNM Employee Health Promotion
- UNM Safety & Risk Services – Ergonomics
- UNM Staff Council Employee Life Committee