Community Outreach from the Center for Native American Health
Pharmacy Student, Semana Seukteoma (Laguna/Hopi), at the Zia
Pueblo Community Health Fair
CNAH aims to advance Native American student recruitment into health
professions by providing outreach in tribal and off-Reservation schools and
communities and supports the development of a culturally competent tribal
healthcare workforce by providing community opportunities for learning and
mentorship for current HSC students. Below is a brief list of events and
activities in which we have participated.
Outreach Activities for Students
- Participation in college recruitment events.
- Hosting of college and high school student visits to UNM HSC
- HSC Student presentations and facilitated discussions with High
School and Undergraduate students
- Partnerships with the Santa Fe Indian School and the Four Corners
Health Prep Program.
- Sponsored workshops for parents of high school students in a tribal
Outreach Activities with Tribal and off-Reservation communities
- Hosted the 2010 Tribal Healthcare Workforce Development Summit
- Participation (with HSC students) in tribal and community Health
- Providing research and technical support to tribal and