EMSC — New Mexico EMS for Children
- CECBEMS approved national CE available. NM EMS Bureau approved CE
for NM EMS only.
- CE process is automated with certificate generated at the end of
- Meets requirement for mandatory pediatric CE.
- A total of 36 modules available for CE.
EMSC 11 modules),
(8 modules), Pediatric
Emergencies (1 module) and School Nurse and
EMS (15 modules) are now available for EMS CE both national and
state. Airway911 Wanna Bougie is available for nationally
approved adult airway management CE.
- Easy to start a module.
To access, click the
Training and Continuing Education link
in the navigation menu or button below.
NEW! EMSC and Child Ready Webinar Series:
"CHILD READY RADIO"
As part of “EMS Strong” week May 17th – 23rd, the NM EMS for Children and Child Ready Programs launched “Child Ready Radio” on Tuesday evening (5/19) from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Dr. Sapien served as the on-air host of our inaugural event and discussed
topics provided by the EMS Regions and on-line participants.
Next Webinar, August 18, 2015
*FREE NM EMS Bureau CE for live event only.
- Ensure state-of-the-art emergency medical care for the ill or injured child and adolescent.
- Ensure that pediatric services are well integrated into an emergency medical services (EMS) system backed by optimal resources.
- Ensure that the entire spectrum of emergency services, including primary prevention, acute care and rehabilitation, is provided to children and adolescents.
New Mexico EMSC
Over the past 23 years, the New Mexico EMSC project has benefited from strong leadership and National EMSC support. This leadership was comprised of an infrastructure from the:
- New Mexico Department of Health
- Injury Prevention and EMS Bureau (IPEMS)
- Three EMS regional offices
- EMS Academy
- University of New Mexico, Health Sciences Center, Department of Emergency Medicine
In collaboration, these organizations continue to provide leadership, a clear mission, technical assistance, and a regulatory structure for the program.
Future Goals of the New Mexico EMSC Project
- Reactivation of the EMSC Advisory group.
- Development of a New Mexico EMSC Web-page.
- Development and distribution of Web-based Continuing Education for EMS personnel.
- Identification of Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) for disaster planning purposes.
- Participation in Bioterrorism and Homeland Security planning
- Continued funding for EMS Services to implement Injury Prevention Projects.
- Continued presentations of the PEPP curriculum for field providers.