Why choose UNM Locum Tenens?
- Our providers are credentialed through the UNM Medical Group so you know they are of high caliber. UNM credentials using the same standards as NCQA and JCAHO.
- Many of our providers live in NM and are familiar with the State’s patient population and unique health challenges.
- We are a non-profit program designed to focus on filling the healthcare needs of rural NM and, as such, our rates are very competitive. We receive state funding to offer discounts to our rural sites and incentives to our providers who work in the underserved areas.
- Our providers are reliable, well-trained and covered by UNM Malpractice Insurance.
- We do not charge any maintenance or “signup” fees. You pay nothing to be in contract with us until you use one of our providers.
- We have been dedicated to reducing the challenges of providing healthcare in rural areas since 1993.
Family Medicine (with or without OB)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Nurse Practitioners
- Physician Assistants
- General Internal Medicine
- General Pediatrics
- Hospitalist Services
- Urgent Care
These are examples of the providers that are often a part of our program. This is not a guarantee that these services are always available.