As a nurse at UNM Health, you’re part of a collaborative team that continually works to improve patient health and nursing practice. You care for a diverse group of New Mexicans in an academic medical center environment with opportunities for service in a broad range of disciplines. Learn from, teach and support your colleagues while contributing to a state leader in professional nursing.
Recognized for a Positive Work Environment
University of New Mexico Hospital (UNMH) is the state’s only hospital that holds Pathway to Excellence® designation from American Nurses Credentialing Center. UNMH nurses shared anonymous feedback that helped the hospital earn this recognition of our positive nursing practice environment, which:
- Improves staff satisfaction.
- Fosters teamwork, especially through shared governance.
- Offers meaningful opportunities for nurses to give input into daily staffing decisions and report concerns.
- Provides advancement opportunities.
- Encourages managers to advocate for nursing staff.
- Uses evidence-based policies and initiatives.
Honored for Safe Care
You can trust that UNMH nurses prioritize patient safety. In 2016, the hospital was one of two recipients of the National Patient Safety Foundation DAISY Awards for Extraordinary Nurses. The award recognized our use of electronic health records to accurately document patient care and symptoms – thus improving patient outcomes.
Working Toward Magnet Recognition
UNMH is working to earn Magnet designation from American Nurses Credentialing Center. This program supports and recognizes organizations that:
- Promote high-quality care and professional practice.
- Identify excellence in the delivery of nursing services.
- Disseminate best practices in nursing.