Whether you have a cold or a more serious ailment, count on UNM Health System’s Family Health Clinics to help you and your loved ones to feel better. Our clinics are located throughout Albuquerque so you are always close to one.
At UNM Health System, we are committed to being a partner in your health by offering expert guidance and support in wellness and lifestyle choices, providing assistance in setting and maintaining health goals, and working collaboratively to prevent disease and disability.
We also believe health care should be an all-connected process. That’s why we aim to help make scheduling your appointments easy. Many types of health care services are available, such as:
- Children’s and adolescent care
- Prevention/health care maintenance
- Adult care
- Behavioral health counseling
- Specialty care referrals and access to many specialties
In addition to caring, knowledgeable physicians, at these sites your care includes access to:
- Nurse practitioners
- Physician assistants
- Pharmacy consultants
- Community health workers
- Social workers
Expect your health team to provide excellent follow-up care and ease of transition between services. For example, if you’re admitted to the hospital, your UNM Health System primary care physician will be notified and care for you while you’re in the hospital and when you’re out.
Call to make an appointment through centralized scheduling at 505-272-4866.
To ensure a lifetime of good health for you and your family, our Family Medicine providers will:
- Attend to your basic healthcare needs, including the diagnosis and treatment of common medical conditions.
- Offer preventive care through regular checkups and screenings.
- Promote healthy lifestyles through patient education.
- Provide referrals to medical specialists based on the urgency or complexity of a medical condition.
What to expect at your appointment
- Before your appointment, we will call you to:
- Remind you about your appointment.
- Get any information the doctor would like.
- Check your insurance information.
- At check-in, we will ask for:
- Contact information and Medical Record Number.
- A health history form to be filled out.
- Co-payment (if needed).
- Before seeing the doctor, we will ask:
- What is wrong.
- What medicine you are taking.
- To take your temperature, height, weight, and blood pressure.
- When you are with the doctor:
- Tell the doctor what is wrong.
- Tests or procedures may be done or ordered.
- The doctor may give you a prescription.
- Before going home, you might:
- Schedule follow-up visits.
- Review your doctor’s instructions and ask questions.
- Meet with a nurse to learn more about your condition.
- Meet with a nurse to get help setting your own health goal and making a plan to start on it (if needed).
Schedule an appointment: (505) 272-4866