Experience a higher standard of medical care from our experienced and board-certified surgeons at UNM Health’s Vein and Cosmetic Center. Using state-of-the-art techniques, we provide personalized, multifaceted care designed to enhance your vascular health.
We approach each patient’s concerns with personal and compassionate treatment. Our surgeons ensure you receive the highest level of care from your initial consultation to post procedure follow-ups by attending every patient visit.
Available vein treatments include:
- Diagnostic venous ultrasound: This procedure uses high-frequency waves to measure the speed of blood flow, visualize the structure of veins in the leg, and determine if there are any other health issues affecting your veins.
- Injection sclerotherapy for varicose and spider veins: A board-certified surgeon injects a chemical into your veins that prevents the pooling of blood in abnormal veins. Blood can no longer flow in the vein after treatment is complete.
- Laser treatment of spider veins: Using state-of-the-art lasers we close abnormal veins and promote healthy vein function. This is a non-invasive procedure that only requires a gentle pressure from a pen-like laser.
- Endovenous laser treatment: This involves placing a catheter in a vein that then sends out laser energy to close off the vein.
- Radiofrequency ablation: This also involves a catheter but instead of a laser it uses high-frequency electricity to heat the walls of the vein and close it off to promote healthy vein function.
- Microphlebectomy: This minimally invasive procedure involves one of our board-certified surgeons removing large varicose veins with tiny incisions. No stitches are involved.
We use minimally invasive techniques to help improve the function of insufficient veins and reduce the appearance of spider and varicose veins. Our surgeons are also able to improve discoloration and scars caused by vein insufficiency.
Our care is highly accessible and at one convenient location. Most patients are able to set up their initial appointment within two weeks, so contact us today to schedule your meeting with one of our vascular surgeons.