Introduction to Healing Touch Therapy
Arthritis Healing Touch is an energy-based, therapeutic approach to healing. Healing Touch uses a collection of energy-based techniques to assess and treat the human energy system. Once the energy system is balanced, the energy channels can integrate the body, mind, and spirit to restore and promote healing.
In this two-hour class we will discuss the energy field and how it relates to health and healing on a physical, emotional, mental, and spiritual level. Learn what the difference is between "healing" and "curing". This class is experiential; you will learn an energy self-balancing technique that assists with decreasing pain, stress and anxiety.
Class fee is $25 (only $22 for University of New Mexico/UNM Hospital/UNM Medical Group employees and eligible for Tuition Remission under Personal Enrichment).
Healing Touch Level I Course
Healing Touch Program is a course of study toward a certificate of completion in Healing Touch (HT), which incorporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in six levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch practitioner and instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements. The American and Canadian Holistic Nurses Association endorse Healing Touch.
Level I Course Description
Level 1 begins with 16 continuing education contact hours of instruction (nurses and massage therapists), allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning, and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required. You must attend both days to receive credit. The participant will learn how to:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to Healing Touch.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice.
Level I Course Content
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system, energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: Basic Healing Touch Sequence, Magnetic Passes, Magnetic Clearing, Chakra Connection (1-on-1, 2-on-1, self), Headache Techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), Ultra Sound, Laser, Chakra Spread, Scudder (optional), Mind-clearing (optional)
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
- $325 - Early bird (save $40) - No additional discounts are available with early bird pricing
- $328 - UNM/UNMH/UNMMG employees (10% discount)
- $365 - Regular
- $340 - HTPA or AHNA Member
- $200 - Student
- $200 - Repeat participants
Remaining 2016 Classes:
November 5 & 6; 8:00 AM-6:00 PM - Early bird registration deadline: postmarked by October 21, 2016