For exceptional care of your brain and spine, visit UNM Health’s Clinical Neurosciences Center – the only comprehensive neurology, neurosurgery and pain management center in the Southwest. You will gain access to the broadest range of neurological services in New Mexico, including experimental treatments not widely available. Ask your doctor to refer you to our center for personalized care from multiple neurological specialists, all conveniently located under one roof.
Securely access your medical information online at any time through MyHealthUNM and our patient portal.
Conditions We Treat
You and your family members of all ages will benefit from our advanced care of conditions such as:
- Alzheimer’s disease – Diagnosed and managed at the Memory & Aging Center, home to New Mexico’s top experts in dementia
- ALS, or Lou Gehrig’s disease
- Chronic pain
- Epilepsy – Cared for at the UNM Comprehensive Epilepsy Center, the only facility of its kind in New Mexico
- Huntington’s disease
- Multiple sclerosis – Treated at the only multiple sclerosis clinic in the state
- Muscular dystrophy
- Parkinson’s disease – Cared for in UNM Health’s specialized movement disorders program
- Persistent, recurring headaches and migraines
- Sleep disorders
- Stroke – Treated at University of New Mexico Hospital, the state’s only Primary Stroke Center
Count on UNM Health for the full spectrum of brain and spine surgeries, including minimally invasive procedures that help you achieve the best outcome with less pain and a quicker recovery. After neurosurgery, recover in New Mexico’s only neurosciences intensive care unit, a specialized 24-bed facility dedicated to monitoring and caring for people like you.