What to Bring for Your ChildDuring your child’s stay, make sure he or she has enough clothing for three to five days, especially items appropriate for physical activity and time outdoors. Youths may not wear:
• Sleeveless tops
• Tight or revealing clothing
• Sagging or low-rise jeans
• Clothes with drawstrings, sports and team logos, or offensive or frightening images
We provide soap, shampoo, a toothbrush and toothpaste, but you’ll want to bring other hygiene products for your child.
While staying with us, youths may not have cell phones, iPads or similar devices. Ask us about bringing other personal items to your child.
Visiting GuidelinesVisiting hours are 5:30-6:30 p.m. Monday to Friday for Chimayo, Chaparral and Gila cottages, and 6:30-8 p.m. for Cibola Cottage. All cottages welcome visitors from 2-4 p.m. weekends and holidays. If you’d like to visit another time, talk to cottage staff. You and other visitors must be approved by our team.
Help make your visit go smoothly by following these rules:
• Show photo identification.
• Accompany your child’s visitors who are 14-17 years old if you’re an adult.
• Don’t try to bring a child younger than 14 into the cottages, and don’t leave him or her unattended in the lobby.
• Visit your child with no more than one other visitor at a time.
• Do not bring outside food. Gum is OK.
• Secure your personal items in lockers in the lobby.
• Interact only with your own child.
Phone CallsIf you’ve been approved by our staff, call your child any time at one of the following numbers:
• Chaparral Cottage: 505-272-8525
• Chimayo Cottage: 505-272-2955
• Cibola Cottage: 505-272-2830
• Gila Cottage: 505-272-9820
If your child is busy with cottage activities when you call, we’ll deliver your message. Please limit calls to five minutes in the morning and 10 minutes in the afternoon or evening.
Your child may call you during specified times that vary depending on the cottage.