For more information about how a child life specialist can benefit your family, call 505-272-2671.
Child Life Team
Your family benefits from a compassionate team of experts:
• Child Life specialists are professionals who have a bachelor’s or master’s degree and child life certification.
• Child development specialists have a bachelor’s degree and coordinate inpatient playroom activities for children and families.
• Students help with play activities.
The child life team works with doctors, nurses, social workers, physical therapists and other experts to meet your child’s and family’s emotional, developmental and cultural needs.
How You BenefitOur team focuses on the psychosocial needs of patients and collaborates with parents. We help with:
• Play, art, music and pet therapy to encourage normal development and a sense of fun.
• Preparing young patients for medical procedures.
• Providing support and distraction during medical procedures.
• Keeping families informed, and offering advocacy and support.
• Organizing special events, entertainment and activities for patients and families.
• Scheduling pre-admission hospital tours.
• Assisting your child with school re-entry.