Trust UNM Health System’s board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric dermatologist to provide excellent care for a wide range of skin, hair and nail conditions. From birth to age 21, children throughout the southwestern United States benefit from our expertise and age-appropriate approach to care.
Conditions We Treat
Find a diagnosis and treatment for a variety of pediatric skin-related conditions, including:
- Blistering disorders, which are autoimmune diseases that attack skin cells.
- Contact dermatitis, a skin irritation or allergic reaction from contact with an allergen.
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis), which leaves skin red, itchy and dry.
- Genodermatosis, an inherited gene disorder that causes skin-related conditions.
- Hair loss (alopecia) and hair conditions.
- Hemangioma, which are growths extra blood vessels on the skin.
- Hyperhidrosis, excessive sweating from the palms, feet or underarms.
- Ichthyosis, which causes protein buildup in skin cells causing itchy, red patches with scales.
- Bacterial, viral or fungal skin infections.
- Moles (nevi).
- Nail disorders and diseases.
- Pityriasis rosea, a rash on the chest, abdomen or back that spreads.
- Psoriasis, which is a buildup of thick, red, scaly patches on the skin.
- Scabies, an itchy rash with small red bumps and blisters caused by mites.
- Vascular malformations, which are birthmarks caused by blood vessel abnormalities.
- Vitiligo, a condition in which white patches develop on the surface of the skin.
Services & Treatments
Our dermatologist provides safe, effective treatments such as:
- Cryotherapy for removal of warts, lesions or other abnormalities.
- Incision and drainage of an abscess or cyst.
- Laser therapy for correcting skin pigmentation disorders, removing scars and more.
- Medications, including oral medications and topical creams.
- Phototherapy to relieve symptoms of psoriasis, eczema and other conditions.
Multidisciplinary Vascular Lesions Clinic
Get specialized care for your child’s complex skin disorder or vascular lesion at our quarterly, multidisciplinary clinic. You’ll work with our dermatologists and other UNM Health System specialists for advanced, comprehensive care of rare, complicated or severe dermatological conditions.