Whether in the operating room, procedure room, intensive care unit or pain clinic, UNM Health System physician anesthesiologists are committed to delivering the safest medical care that every patient deserves before, during and after surgery.
Anesthesiologists play a major role in ensuring your safety through innovative research, science and technology advancements.
What is anesthesia?
Anesthesia administration is a complex and technically demanding medical procedure, requiring that a specially trained physician evaluate your medical condition, recommend an appropriate anesthesia plan, diagnose and treat problems that might surface during a procedure, and make critical, split-second decisions that can save your life.
At UNM Health, the anesthesia team is committed to the highest standards of patient care. Our patients can expect the anesthesia team to do the following:
- Optimize your preoperative medical status to ensure the safest conditions for surgery.
- Administer a wide variety of medications to ensure unconsciousness, treat pain and stabilize your vital signs during surgery.
- Adjust your breathing, circulation, temperature, kidney function and other important bodily functions with medication.
- Provide optimal operating conditions for your surgeon.
- Care for your medical needs and pain control in the early postoperative period.
Schedule an appointment: (505) 272-4866