To request a copy of your UNM Health System medical records, fill out a form in English [PDF] , Spanish [PDF] or Vietnamese [PDF] authorizing us to disclose health information. You must fill out all fields and initial where requested for us to process the form.
UNM Hospitals Records
If your records are with UNM Hospitals, bring the completed form to the medical records office on UNM Hospital’s first floor [PDF] or fax it to 505-272-1879. Call the medical records office for help at 505-272-2141.
For digital images from a radiology exam, call the Medical Records Imaging Library at 505-272-1809, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., five days a week.
UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center Records
If your records are at UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center, drop off the completed form at the Health Information Office on the fourth floor between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. Monday to Friday. Or fax the form to 505-994-7288.
For help with requests regarding deceased patients who received care at UNM SRMC, custody cases, protected medical information, psychiatric records or cases that need more clarification, call the UNM SRMC Health Information Department at 505-272-2141 or 505-994-7292.
UNM SRMC Fees
UNM SRMC may charge the following fees for medical records and images:
- Central processing fee that includes requests for third-party use, such as attorneys and record copy service agents:
- Base fee of $20 for up to 15 pages when hard-copy file is required
- $1 per page for more than 15 pages
- Base fee of $1 if patient information can be printed from Power Chart
- $10 rush fee if records are needed within three working days
- Subpoenas with affidavit: $10 extra
- Viewing/sitting fee: $20 per hour
- Workman’s compensation attorney charges, mandated by state law:
- $10 for the first 10 pages
- 20 cents per page for every page over 10
- Disability determination services: $18.75 minimum/maximum
- Department of Vocational Rehabilitation: $26 minimum/maximum
- Patients: 11 cents per page
- Job Corp, physicians, schools, therapists, health clinics, hospitals (nonprofit organizations for continuum of care): No charge
- Shot records/vaccinations: No charge
- Social Security insurance: No charge
- Images on CD: $10 per CD
UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center Records
If your records are with UNM Comprehensive Cancer Center, call 505-925-0106.