Richard Larson, MD, PhD
Executive Vice Chancellor
Phone: (505) 272-6950
Information about land use, strategic plans and committee reports.
The EVC plays a key leadership role in championing excellence across the University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center, and is charged with developing and guiding the implementation of HSC strategic plans and programs.
Innovative Leadership and Collaboration
The EVC directly reports to the chancellor, and works with an extensive group of campus colleagues in:
- Promoting campus-wide academic and research initiatives.
- Defining budgetary and development priorities.
- Overseeing and coordinating HSC strategic planning.
- Assisting in development activities and defining priorities.
- Developing a variety of economic development initiatives.
- Overseeing non-college, affiliated centers; the library; the HSC CIO’s office; and other EVC offices.
The EVC's office also works closely with community partners to inspire and encourage economic development.