1. PRIMARY APPLICATION PROCESS: Complete and submit a PharmCAS application: by January 4, 2016 for Fall 2016 entrance.
a. Application fee is $150 to apply to one (1) school and $55 for each additional school
b. Please allow 3-6 hours to completely fill out application.
c. Arrange for official transcripts to be sent to PharmCAS from each school attended.
d. Three (3) letters of recommendation are also required for consideration for admission. Letters of recommendation are to be submitted directly to PharmCAS by your reference providers.
f. After receipt of completed PharmCAS application, transcripts from all U.S. and Canadian postsecondary institutions attended, and correct PharmCAS fees; PharmCAS will forward all application materials to the College of Pharmacy
1. The application does not have to be filled out in its entirety during one session. You may save your application and complete it at a later time.
2. We recommend that you have copies of your transcripts (official or unofficial) from all schools attended while you complete the application.
3. Please follow this link to the PharmCAS homepage for more information on the application process. Read all sections carefully so that you may have a full understanding of the new application process. www.pharmcas.org
2. SECONDARY APPLICATION PROCESS: Supplemental Application & Fee
a. Supplemental application can be filled out online and is available on our COP website or via this link https://esurvey.unm.edu/opinio/s?s=44353. The deadline for this application is January 4th, 2016.
b. A fee of $51.50 is a part of this application. The fee is made payable at the UNM market place found here http://bit.ly/1IsnnGa.
c. The supplemental application also requires a photo ID. The required photo is needed for identification purposes. This photo need only be a passport-like photo of you from the shoulders up. (i.e. like a photo found on your passport, driver’s license, or state issued identification). This photo can be uploaded and sent via email to the college of pharmacy at firstname.lastname@example.org
3. ADMISSIONS CONSIDERATION PROCESS
b. Selected applicants will be offered interviews at the College of Pharmacy. You must participate in invited interview to be considered for admittance to the College of Pharmacy.
c. If you are accepted to the Pharm.D. program a $515 deposit will be required to hold your position in the class. The $515 will be applied to your programmatic costs following matriculation into the College of Pharmacy. If you do not matriculate in the Fall of 2016, your deposit will be forfeited.
WE ENCOURAGE STUDENTS TO APPLY EARLY.
INTERVIEWS WILL BE OFFERED TO SELECTED APPLICANTS THROUGHOUT THE SPRING. ONLY COMPLETE APPLICATION FILES WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR INTERVIEW.
Email us or call 505.272.3241
The University of New Mexico’s Doctor of Pharmacy program is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education, 20 North Clark Street, Suite 2500, Chicago, IL 60602-5109, TEL (312) 664-3575 , FAX (312) 664-4652, URL http://www.acpe-accredit.org/
08/31/2015 12:35:21 PM -0600.