Vision and Mission
A diverse and inclusive UNM Health Sciences fosters health and well being throughout New Mexico by weaving cultural humility and respect for all people.
To promote inclusivity and diversity throughout the UNM Health Sciences. In addition, we seek to engage communities across New Mexico to advance health equity through programs and sustainable, collaborative partnerships.
Below are initiatives coordinated by the Office for Diversity.
- Pipeline and other programs to encourage and prepare students of color and others to succeed in careers in health sciences
- Efforts to attract and retain faculty, staff, and students of color at UNM HSC
- Culturally relevant research to identify challenges to and goals for increasing and supporting diversity in health professions
- Creating Cultural Competence/Cultural Humility curricula across the HSC
- Working with other universities across the U.S. to increase the number of minority and women faculty in leadership roles in health professions