Signature Research Programs
Signature Program in Child Health Research (SPCHR)
Five Year Strategic Action Plan for the SPCHR
Within five years, we will establish a proactive
Signature Program in Child Health Research by:
- Establishing a network of research collaborations in Child Health across Signature Programs,
SOM Departments, COP, and CON;
- Increasing the number of faculty proposing, successfully applying for and conducting Child Health Research;
- Increasing the number of structured events that showcase and support Child Health Research;
- Increasing the utilization of science-based evidence for Child Health program and policy development; and
- Identifying and maintaining a Steering Committee, CHAG, CHIG, and SPCHAC to guide a series of
purposeful decisions driven by the common mission of enhancing and improving the health and
well-being of children through collaborative and multidisciplinary science.
The Logic Model shown below identifies the goals, activities,
and outcomes for the SPCHR five-year strategic action plan.
Summary: Researchers in child health from University of New Mexico
Health Sciences Center envision a Signature Program in Child Health Research that will
enhance and improve the health of children of New Mexico through research relevant to
New Mexico’s population and generalizable to children everywhere by increasing and
supporting the number of scientists conducting research in Child Health, unifying
scientists into interdisciplinary teams that focus on topics of common interest,
and integrating research into existing clinical service-based programs .
We plan to realize this vision by implementing the aims articulated above. We have the
experience, expertise, commitment and support necessary to carry out the proposed plans.