Research Mission and Vision
The University of New Mexico Health Sciences Center will work with community partners to help New Mexico make more progress in health and health equity than any other state.
Our mission is to provide an opportunity for all New Mexicans to obtain an excellent education in the health sciences. We will advance health sciences in the most important areas of human health with a focus on the priority health needs of our communities. As a majority-minority state, our mission will ensure that all New Mexicans have access to the highest-quality health care.
Our mission is guided by our values of:
- Excellence in education, patient care and research
- Commitment to service, quality and safety
- Integrity and accountability
- Respect and compassion for all people
- Teamwork and collaboration
- Providing hope for those we serve
- Improve health and health care to those we serve
- Build the health care workforce of New Mexico by providing a premier education
- Foster innovation and translate our research and discoveries into clinical and educational practice
- Enable our people and programs to do their best
- Deliver a well-integrated academic health center that provides the safest and highest quality clinical care
- Enhance depth, diversity, integrity and transparency