Graduate Medical Education
The University of New Mexico Graduate Medical Education programs are
approved by the Accreditation Council of Graduate Medical Education. Appointments are made
through the National Resident Matching Program for first year residents.
Applicants for residency training at UNM HSC must meet one of the following qualifications:
- Graduate of medical school in the U.S. and Canada which has been accredited
Liaison Committee on Medical Education
(LCME) or the
American Osteopathic Association (AOA).
- Graduate of an international medical school meeting one of the following qualifications:
- Have a currently valid ECFMG certificate or
- Have a full and unrestricted license to practice medicine in a U.S.
- Graduate of international medical school who has completed a Fifth Pathway program
provided by an LCME-accredited medical school.