New Mexico AIDS Education and Training Center (AETC)
and Training Center
UNM HCS School of Medicine
Department of Internal Medicine
Division of Infectious Diseases
Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001
Our mission is to educate health care providers about management of HIV infection, including prevention, diagnosis, treatment, and psychosocial issues.
What we do:
- Provide timely updates to health care professionals on treatment and care of HIV-infected clients
- Provide information about state HIV programs and resources
- Serve as a resource for NM's health professional schools
- Provide individualized clinical education experience
- Teach health care professionals to share their expertise with peers
- Provide partial to full funding/scholarship support for providers to attend trainings, workshops, conferences, and professional development training.
HIV ECHO telehealth clinic will now be held every Tuesday afternoon from 12:15-1:15 starting Oct. 5, 2010. Please sign on to hear a brief didactic and case presentations or to present your own case. Please contact Bonnie Kraybill, nurse manager for the ECHO project, to be added to our mailing list (firstname.lastname@example.org). Email declassified cases to email@example.com or fax to 505-272-6906 by Monday 5pm.
PI: Michelle Iandiorio, MD; phone 505-925-4096, fax 505-272-4435
Other Providers: Elaine Thomas, MD and Karla Thornton, MD
Providers may e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (UNM PALS 1-888-866-7257) Drs Michelle Iandiorio, Elaine Thomas, or Karla Thornton with clinical consultation questions.
AIDSINFONET provides current information on HIV treatment and prevention in English and ten other languages for providers and patients. Fact sheets may be downloaded and printed. These fact sheets get updated at least every six months.
Project coordinator and principal author: Robert Munk, PhD.
P.O. Box 810
Arroyo Seco, NM 87514
E-mail questions or comments: AIDSInfoNet@taosnet.com