HSC Academic Workstation Reimbursement Pilot Program
In early 2020, Microsoft will end support of Windows 7 operating systems, and all HSC workstations should be updated and running Windows 10 by that time. Workstations that continue to run these unsupported products past their end of life present a security risk to the HSC environment and prevent systems from leveraging the latest improvements and enhancements.
Currently, on the academic side of the HSC, ~ 30% of departmental workstations are greater than 5 years old and many other old devices will not support Windows 10. To assist the move to Windows 10, and remove old workstations from the environment, the Health Sciences Center Office of the Chancellor has teamed up with the HSC Chief Information Office to pilot a workstation reimbursement program. This pilot program will reimburse UNM HSC departments $500 for each qualifying workstation, for a maximum of 200 workstations. This pilot program will help the HSC remove these outdated systems from the environment.
This program is on a first come first serve basis, and caps each UNM HSC department/center at a reimbursement of 10 workstations.
In order to qualify for the program, you must meet ALL of the following requirements:
- Provide a copy of a “request for deletion of assets” form, with a Surplus Department signature showing a completed surplus process. The disposed workstation must be for the disposal of a workstation on our list. To see the list, Click on Workstation List. A smartsheet page will appear where you can enter your email address and and then click on continue. You will be redirected to the HSC smartsheet site where you can logon with your HSC NetId and password to access the workstation list.
- For each qualifying disposed workstation from our list, provide a copy of an invoice for a new standard HSC workstation (dated 5/1/2019 or later) showing: service tag numbers, description and quantity of approved HSC standard workstations purchased on a UNM index. There must be a qualifying disposal for each new workstation in order to receive the reimbursement. (One for One)
- HSC standard workstations and quotes are found here: Standard Workstations.
- Provide the index to be reimbursed: XXXXXX-3189
Instructions for reimbursement: Click on the Apply Now link below. A smartsheet page will appear where you can enter your email address and and then click on continue. You will be redirected to the HSC smartsheet site where you can logon with your HSC NetId and password to access the reimbursement form.
Applications will be reviewed weekly and incomplete applications will be returned to contact for corrections. Complete applications will be processed and journal vouchers (JVs) entered in Banner on a weekly basis. The HSC CIO Accounting office will key the reimbursement JVs.
Reimbursement can be applied for at this site with appropriate paperwork: Apply Now
The program will continue until funding is gone. Any questions on this program can be sent to HSC-CIO-Notices@salud.unm.edu
- How can I confirm which of my computers are old? Workstations that are eligible for the replacement reimbursement must be from the list here: Workstation List. Searches in the list can be done by workstation serial/service tag number. Then cross referenced to the UNM asset tag number on the departmental inventory list.
- Can I be reimbursed for a Mac purchase? Yes, Apple devices are on the standards page: Standard Workstations
- What if I need a non-standard workstation? Then you must get an exception form signed prior to making your purchase. A copy of this form would need to be submitted with purchase invoice.
- My department purchased 20 computers in November 2018, do those qualify? No, we will begin reimbursing for computers purchased on 5/1/19 and after.
- My department is not listed on the drop down list? Please send an email to HSC-CIO-Notices@salud.unm.edu.
- Can UNMH, UNMMG, or SRMC participate in the program? No. Only HSC academic departments are eligible for this program.