Pharmacy PGY1 Residency
Apply for a Pharmacy Residency
Apply online using PhORCAS (Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service). You'll need to submit:
- Letter of intent describing your interests and goals
- Curriculum vitae
- College of pharmacy transcripts
- Three letters of recommendations from health care professionals who can speak to your practice abilities
After we review your application, you may receive an invitation for an on-site interview. This interview is required for admission.
Get the training and experience you need to confidently provide high-quality pharmaceutical care in a wide range of health care settings. Take the next step in your health care career with the post-graduate year one pharmacy residency at the University of New Mexico Hospital (UNMH) in Albuquerque.
Our program is accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists.
What to Expect During Your Residency
Take advantage of the close ties between UNMH and the University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy to create a one-year residency that's tailored to your interests. Your PGY1 pharmacy residency includes:
- Clinical practice experience through rotations and regular shifts in the UNMH Pharmacy Department
- Teaching certificate program and delivery of lectures to pharmacy students
- Research project with a publication-ready manuscript
- Advanced cardiac life support (ACLS) certification
- Statistics for Pharmacy Residents course
- Physical Assessment Certificate Program (optional)
- Leadership certificate program
Gain exposure to a wide range of clinical practice areas through four-week and longitudinal rotations.
- Specialty Longitudinal Experience
- Internal medicine
- Critical care (ICU or emergency medicine)
- Pharmacy administration
- Ambulatory care
- Infectious disease
- Renal transplant
Live in New Mexico
Enjoy living in the warm Southwest, where there are more than 300 days of sunshine each year. You'll find ample opportunities for outdoor recreation and a thriving arts community.
Pharmacy Residency Benefits
As a PGY1 resident, you'll receive:
- $46,716 salary
- Nine holidays, 10 vacation days, and up to 10 days of professional leave
- Health insurance
- Registration and travel to attend ASHP Midyear Clinical Meeting and Western States Residency Conference
You're eligible to apply for PGY1 pharmacy residency if you:
- Will have completed a doctor of pharmacy (PharmD) degree from an accredited school or college of pharmacy before beginning the residency.
- Are eligible for New Mexico pharmacist licensure.
For more information, contact:
Lisa Anselmo, PharmD, BCOP
PGY1 Pharmacy Residency Program Director
Director of Pharmacy, Clinical Services
University of New Mexico Hospitals