UNM/NMSU Cooperative Pharmacy Program
Application for 2019
Download, complete and return Cooperative Pharmacy Program application materials [PDF] by Feb. 15, 2019.
You must apply to NMSU by March 1 and be accepted for admission the following fall. Indicate “pre-pharmacy” as your area of interest on the application.
Start your pharmacy education at New Mexico State University, and complete it at the University of New Mexico College of Pharmacy as part of the UNM/NMSU Cooperative Pharmacy Program. You'll contribute to an effort to increase the number of pharmacists serving patients in southern New Mexico.
What to Expect
If you're selected for the Cooperative Pharmacy Program during your senior year of high school, you'll:
- Complete pre-pharmacy coursework (91 to 92 semester hours over three years) at New Mexico State University.
- Enter the UNM College of Pharmacy for the three-year didactic phase of the PharmD curriculum.
Look forward to pharmacy practice experiences in southern New Mexico the summers after your first and second years at NMSU, as well as during your final year of pharmacy school at UNM.
NMSU Pre-Pharmacy Society
Join the NMSU Pre-Pharmacy Society to access:
- Pharmacy-related information and resources
- Academic support
- Opportunities for leadership, networking and community involvement
- Help preparing to apply to the UNM College of Pharmacy or other pharmacy schools
Qualifying for Cooperative Pharmacy Program
Apply to the program if you're a high school senior who:
- Attends high school in any of the following counties: Catron, Chaves, Cibola, Curry, DeBaca, Doña Ana, Eddy, Grant, Guadalupe, Hidalgo, Lea, Lincoln, Luna, Otero, Quay, Roosevelt, Sierra, Socorro, Torrance and Valencia.
- Has a cumulative high school GPA of 3.5 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) in English, math, social studies, science and foreign language classes at the end of the junior year of high school.
- Will complete the following high school coursework by the end of senior year: math (three years), English (four years) and science (three years).
- Will attend NMSU main campus (Las Cruces) for pre-pharmacy coursework and complete courses within three years.
- Earned a competitive ACT score.
- Is a U.S. Citizen or legal U.S. permanent resident.
Explore what to expect during your pre-pharmacy studies at NMSU, which provides a comprehensive curriculum and supportive living learning communities.