Count on the Medical Staff Office at UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC) to:
- Credential and re-credential members of the Medical Staff and other health care professionals as outlined in the Medical Staff Bylaws [PDF] and related documents.
- Develop and maintain efficient methods for processing information pertaining to credentialing and privileging.
- Inform departments of current or new Medical Staff members and their clinical privileges.
- Provide support for Medical Staff, its committees and related functions of the Medical Staff Organization as defined in the Medical Staff Bylaws.
- Ensure compliance with all legal and professional requirements, federal and state regulations, and accreditation standards of The Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Det Norske Veritas Healthcare, Inc., and National Committee for Quality Assurance.
To verify hospital affiliation and privileges for a current or non-current member of UNM SRMC’s Medical Staff, submit a request in one of these ways:
- Email – AlWebster@salud.unm.edu
- Fax – 505-994-7394
- Mail – UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center, Inc.
Attn: Alison Webster
3001 Broadmoor Blvd NE
Rio Rancho, NM 87144
Include a signed release from the provider. Routine responses will be returned by fax within two weeks.
For All Other Requests
- A member of University of New Mexico Hospitals Medical Staff, fax a request to 505-272-6055.
- A faculty appointment/employment date, contact Academic Affairs at 505-272-8268 (phone) or 505-272-6581 (fax).
- Internships, residencies, and official fellowships, contact Graduate Medical Education at 505-272-6225 (phone) or 505-272-5184 (fax).
- Locum Tenens credentialing through the University of New Mexico Medical Group, Inc., Locum Tenens program, call 505-272-0110 or send a fax to 505-272-2360.
For employment records, you may also contact:
- UNM Health Sciences Center Payroll at 505-277-2353 (phone) or 505-277-9325 (fax).
- UNM Hospitals Payroll at 505-272-2325 (phone) or 505-272-3524 (fax).