Though the immune system fights diseases, it sometimes responds too much or too little to perceived threats – causing allergies or serious medical conditions. Seek care at UNM Health System for your symptoms.
Conditions We Treat
A doctor who specializes in allergy and immunology can diagnose and treat conditions such as:
- Allergies to foods, animals and medications
- Hay fever
- Inherited immune disorders
Visit our practice located on the West Side for allergy services such as:
- Allergy testing that determines what substances trigger allergic reactions.
- Evaluation of lung function.
- Guidance on allergy medications.
- Allergy desensitization shots for hay fever, asthma and sensitivity to stinging insects.
At UNM Health, our staff is board certified in internal medicine, allergy and pulmonology. Our friendly team has won awards for its customer service, and looks forward to helping you feel better. We can help you with:
- Testing that can reveal whether your body lacks enough antibodies, which fight bacteria and viruses.
- Testing for immune disorders.
- IV immunoglobulin therapy that helps boost your immune system.
- Help managing recurring infections.
Visit our Pediatrics page for more information regarding treatments and services at UNM Children's Hospital.