The UNM Health CareLink NM is a community program that helps you or your loved one access behavioral health and medical services in Albuquerque.
This program is open to anyone living in Bernalillo County who is enrolled in NM Medicaid, or is eligible for Medicaid.
Two programs are here to help you:
- If you are 18 years old or older and diagnosed with a serious mental illness you can be enrolled in our Adult CareLink NM service.
- If you are 17 years old or younger and diagnosed with a severe emotional disturbance, you can be enrolled into our Child and Adolescent CareLink NM Program.
Our goal is to help you live the healthiest life possible by assisting you in:
- Finding providers and scheduling appointments
- Connecting with services in the community
- Learning about your diagnosis and medications and managing your health
We’ll also make sure all of your providers are communicating with each other about your care. We’ll work with you to make sure you know how and where to get help when you need it.
How CareLink Services Can Help You
- You will work with your care coordinator to make a CareLink plan to help you get all the services you need, including making a safety plan that includes your support system. You will learn what to do in difficult times and where to go when you need more help.
- Your CareLink provider will also help with life changes. For example, this could be when you need to go to the emergency room or when you come home from a hospital stay.
- You will have access to classes and activities to help you manage your health conditions and improve your health.
- We can also refer you to other services in your community.