Healing Touch Level I Course
The Healing Touch program is a course of study that incorporates a variety of basic to advanced healing modalities. The program is sequenced in six levels allowing participants to move from beginner to advanced practitioner, expert and instructor. Certification as a Healing Touch practitioner and instructor is available on application following completion of course work and additional requirements. The American and Canadian Holistic Nurses Association endorse Healing Touch.
Level 1 begins with 16 continuing education contact hours of instruction (nurses and massage therapists), allowing persons with varying backgrounds to enter, acknowledge their previous learning, and to further develop concepts and skills in energy-based therapy. A strong commitment to personal growth is required. You must attend both days to receive credit. The participant will learn how to:
- Describe the human energy system relationship to physical, emotional, mental and spiritual health.
- Discuss energy principles basic to Healing Touch.
- Assess the energy field and energy centers.
- Identify a basic Healing Touch sequence.
- Demonstrate specific intervention techniques used in Healing Touch.
- Discuss applications of Healing Touch in personal and professional practice.
- Energy system concepts related to health
- Basics of the energy system, energy field and energy centers
- Location and function of the chakras
- Assessment of the energy field and energy centers
- Meditation for centering and maintaining energetic flow
- Principles and practice of Healing Touch
- Selected intervention techniques: basic Healing Touch sequence, magnetic passes, magnetic clearing, chakra connection (1-on-1, 2-on-1, self), headache techniques (tension, migraine, sinus), ultra sound, laser, chakra spread, scudder (optional), mind-clearing (optional)
- Principles of self-healing
- Personal development as a healer
- Legal and professional aspects of touch therapies
- $325 - Early bird (save $40) - No additional discounts are available with early bird pricing.
- $328 - UNM/UNMH/UNMMG employees (10% discount).
- $365 – Regular.
- $340 - HTPA or AHNA Member.
- $200 – Student.
- $200 - Repeat participants.
Heal Your Gut, Heal Your Hormones
Learn the link between your gut and your hormones in this 6-week live and online course. Find out how to naturally balance your hormones to increase energy, stabilize your moods, improve the quality of your sleep and release stress and anxiety. You will learn what foods optimize your energy and mood and how to be calm, cool and collected no matter what you are facing. Course includes course book and on-site grocery tours.
Registration for full course is $299 and UNM employees are eligible for UNM tuition remission under Personal Enrichment. A $30 fee for course book, food/mood journal and handouts is due to the instructor on the first day of class. Online sessions will be recorded and available for play-back via email.
Healing Lifestyles for Pre-Diabetes and Diabetes
This course will teach you how to naturally control your blood sugar, increase energy and reduce cravings with guidance and support. Led by a certified holistic health practitioner, you will receive healthful and healing options to relieve Type II diabetes symptoms and other sugar-related issues. You will create a bio-individual plan for cooking, eating out, work, social situations and cravings. This is not a diet – this is an action plan for healthy living and thriving for the rest of your life. Course includes course book and on-site grocery tours.
Registration is $299 and UNM employees are eligible for UNM tuition remission under Personal Enrichment. A fee of $30 for course book, food/mood journal and handouts is due to the instructor on the first day of class. Online sessions will be recorded and available for play-back via email.
Heal Your Sugar & Gluten Blues
Learn about natural sweeteners that will satisfy your sweet tooth and help you heal from your sugar and/or gluten related ailments. Learn to curb sugar and gluten addiction for good and regain health and well-being in this 6-week course. Feel more energized, think more clearly, release allergies, reduce pain medication, and decrease weight and bloating in six weeks.
This class will help you create a bio-individual plan for cooking, eating out, on the go, work, social situations and cravings.
Registration for the six-week course is $299, and is eligible for UNM employee tuition remission under Personal Enrichment. A $30 fee for course materials, including course book and handouts, is due to instructor on the first day of class.
Online sessions will be recorded and available for play-back via email.
Movement, Meditation & Expressive Arts for Women 18+
This workshop will include gentle yoga, Qi gong, dance/movement and expressive art. No previous art or dance experience necessary. Using gentle movement, music, meditation and art, you will be able to access core thoughts, emotions and insights in a safe, supportive environment.
Yoga and Qi gong increase flexibility, strength, balance and concentration. Meditation induces relaxation and has been proven to lower blood pressure for some individuals.
Cost is $39 per class, per person, all supplies included. Please arrive scent-free and in clothes that allow you to freely move.
Sometimes art or dream interpretation classes will go longer than 2.5 hours.
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR)
MBSR leads participants through a uniquely comprehensive study and practice of mindfulness meditation. MSBR can help in:
- Reducing stress, anxiety and depression
- Managing pain, addictions, high blood pressure
- Easing sleep issues and more
The course, which costs $350, culminates with an all-day meditation retreat. A comprehensive course book, eight downloadable guided meditations and free access to all future MBSR retreats are included in the price. UNM employees receive a 10% discount.
Mindful Eating and Living (MEAL)
Mindful Eating and Living (MEAL) is a one-of-a-kind program developed by UNM that teaches participants an entirely new approach to weight loss and healthy eating habits. Participants learn the clinically proven techniques of mindfulness and learn how to hone and direct their skills toward eating and weight issues. Some of the key program points include:
- Learning how to apply mindfulness toward food choices.
- Developing a greater awareness toward hunger and satiety clues from the body.
- Understanding how stress impacts not only how we eat but how we live our lives.
You'll develop stress management tools for a lifetime of health and greater well-being. Each class includes specially designed mindful eating exercises to specifically apply what you learn to a direct experience of mindful eating. Course fee is $250.
Ongoing Fitness Classes
All classes are held in the Wisdom Room, CFL's state-of-the-art meeting room. The Wisdom Room is home to our many classes and educational activities.
The six weeks of relaxing, yet invigorating yoga and meditation will reduce stress and anxiety. It will also help you to improve your health, healing and well-being. Expect to learn practical recommendations from ancient and modern yogic techniques to cope with stress and to live your busy life with ease.
Each class will include:
- Therapeutic yoga with some myofascial release to bring flexibility and mobility to tight, tired muscles.
- Integrative Restoration Yoga Nidra, which soothes the nervous system, brings deep relaxation and improves sleep.
- Breathing techniques to reduce anxiety and lower blood pressure.
Awareness Through Movement®
"Movement is life. Life is a process. Improve the quality of the process and you improve the quality of life itself." - Moshe Feldenkrais
Awareness Through Movement® can bring to you a greater awareness of yourself by exploring movement. Benefits may include:
- More options in movement
- An increase in balance, range of motion, and flexibility
- A decrease in tension and pain
Wellness Tai Chi and Chi Gung
Often referred to as a moving meditation, tai chi promotes a peaceful harmony between mind and body, builds physical flexibility and enhances balance and coordination.
This particular form of tai chi/chi gung combines the two breathing disciplines. Students new to tai chi can achieve a satisfying level of competence in a short period of time. You'll learn meditation practices that open coordination of mind and body as a preparation for the prescribed movements of the form.
Specific benefits of the "Wellness Form" of tai chi/chi gung include improving lung capacity and gaining awareness of breathing techniques that energize the body while achieving a relaxed harmony. Tai chi movements promote:
- Healthy circulation
- Physical confidence