Chronic pain can cause you to miss out on everyday activities such as going to work or spending time with your family. UNM Health in Albuquerque can help get you on your way to feeling better.
We treat the following chronic pain conditions:
- Lower back pain
- Neck pain
- Post-spine surgery syndrome
- Complex regional pain syndrome
- Chronic daily headaches
- Pain in joints and muscles
These conditions can place painful pressure on your spinal cord and nerves.
Treating your pain
Your team of chronic pain experts will create a plan just for you, and tailor it to fit your changing needs.
Your treatment plan might include:
- Setting and achieving activity goals.
- Learning new ways of controlling your pain.
- Reducing the use of harmful medication.
- Helping you to manage mood swings that are common with chronic pain.
Learn more about our services
For your convenience, we provide:
- Consultation for declining spine conditions
- Conservative treatment for declining spine conditions
- Physical therapy exercises to help increase movement and reduce pain
- Vocational rehabilitation
- Techniques to help you better regulate your thoughts and emotions
- Functional restoration, a six-week program for people living with disabling chronic pain
- Surgery consultations for:
- Spine-related neurological disability
- For spine-related functional loss
- Neuromodulation implant devices