LocationUNMH Dermatology Clinic
Trust UNM Health System’s board-certified, fellowship-trained pediatric dermatologist to provide excellent care for a wide range of skin, hair and nail conditions. From birth to age 21, children throughout the southwestern United States benefit from our expertise and age-appropriate approach to care.
Conditions We TreatFind a diagnosis and treatment for a variety of pediatric skin-related conditions, including:
- Blistering disorders
- Eczema (atopic dermatitis)
- Genodermatosis (inherited gene disorder that causes skin-related conditions)
- Hair loss (alopecia) and hair conditions
- Excessive sweating from the palms, feet or underarms
- Bacterial, viral or fungal skin infections and scabies
- Moles (nevi)
- Nail disorders
- Vascular malformations (birthmarks caused by blood vessel abnormalities)
Services & TreatmentsOur dermatologist provides safe, effective treatments such as:
- Cryotherapy (lesion destruction by freezing)
- Incision and drainage
- Laser therapy
- Medications, including oral medications and topical creams
- Phototherapy to treat psoriasis, eczema and other conditions.
- Biopsies to determine diagnosis
- Excisions/Surgery when needed
Multidisciplinary Vascular Lesions Clinic
Get specialized care for your child's complex skin disorder or vascular lesion at our quarterly, multidisciplinary clinic. You'll work with our dermatologists and other UNM Health System specialists for advanced, comprehensive care of rare, complicated or severe dermatological conditions.