Whether you are rehabilitating from a stroke, recovering from injury or living with chronic pain, at UNM Health System we use evidence-based therapies to help you reach your highest potential. We deliver our expert treatment in a supportive and caring environment with just one focus: you, our patient. Our rehabilitation specialists are dedicated to advancing the science of movement and the art of function.
Who Will I Work With?
Depending on your needs, you may work with professionals such as:
- PT, Physical Therapist
- OT, Occupational Therapist
- SLP, Speech Language Pathologist
- CHT, Certified Hand Therapist
- PTA, Physical Therapist Assistant
- COTA, Occupational Therapist Assistant
Sandoval Regional Medical Center Rehabilitation Patient Forms
What Can I Expect?
Each session of therapy will focus on pain management, improving flexibility, improving strength, and progressing toward the goals that will be set at your initial evaluation visit. You should dress comfortably in clothing that enables you to move easily. You will be exercising and learning how to better manage yourself at home. Each session of therapy lasts about one hour.
Your therapist may use any combination of the following:
- Gait and functional mobility training
- Manual Therapy (massage, joint mobilizations, myofascial release)
- Electrical Stimulation
- Use of adaptive equipment
- Wound care on an outpatient basis
Schedule an appointment: (505) 272-4866