Skip to main content

Financial Aid and Payment Plans

You may qualify for financial assistance for your UNM Health System care if you fulfill all these criteria:

  • You meet certain identity requirements.
  • You live in Bernalillo County or Sandoval County, New Mexico, or received care through UNM Hospital that isn't available in your home county.
  • You don't have full coverage through government or private insurance.
  • Your income is no more than 300 percent of federal poverty guidelines.
  • Your care was medically necessary.
  • Financial assistance covers the medical services you received. (Dental and vision services, for example, aren't covered.)

Children may qualify if they don't meet program guidelines for Medicaid, and their family meets the above criteria.

View detailed eligibility requirements for UNM Hospital in English [PDF] or for UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center in English [PDF].

Payment Plans

Regardless of whether you qualify for financial assistance, you may call 505-272-2521 (UNM Hospitals) or 505-994-7157 (UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center) to set up a payment plan if you can't immediately pay a bill in full.

Get Help Applying for Insurance

UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center's and UNM Hospitals' Patient Financial Service representatives can help you apply for Centennial Care (formerly New Mexico's Medicaid program) or for plans on state health insurance exchanges. To meet with a representative, call 505-994-7157 (UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center) or 505-272-2521 (UNM Hospitals).

UNMH Financial Aid

To speak with a patient financial services representative call: 505-272-2521.

Items to Bring to your Appointment:

Financial Assistance Policy:

Income Chart for Financial Assistance:

Discount Program Policy:

Frequently Asked Questions:

SRMC Financial Aid

To speak with a patient financial services representative call: 505-994-7157.

To help us determine your eligibility for assistance please fill out an application in English [PDF] or Spanish [PDF] (includes plain-language policy) and bring the completed form to your appointment.

Skip to top of page