UNM LGBTQ Students and Allies in Healthcare meets monthly at noon on the second Thursday of the month, and the location varies. We generally provide lunch. Use the sign-up form to be added to our mailing list.
The UNM LGBTQ Students and Allies in Healthcare (LSAH) is dedicated to advancing the health of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and queer people through community outreach, curriculum intervention, provider education and mentoring.
Community Outreach and Activities
We believe that only through interprofessional education and outreach can the disparities facing the LGBTQ community be adequately addressed. LSAH supports students, faculty and staff with outreach and activities such as:
- Curriculum renewal and assessment projects
- Undergraduate and pre-health mentorship
- High school health and career outreach
- Interprofessional education
- HSC LGBTQ and ally student mixers
- Monthly meetings (with free lunch!)
Curriculum & Research
The UNM LGBTQ Students and Allies in Healthcare strive to share knowledge gained through our activities in the literature.