2018 Endoscopic Spine Health Conference: The Role of Endoscopic Surgery for Painful Conditions of the Spine
Spine pain is one of the most disabling conditions, and is extremely common in the office of primary care clinicians. Some spine conditions are emergencies, and some are not. This conference will clearly describe both serious and non-threatening spine conditions and offer extensive hands-on training in the physical examination skills that can help distinguish them. The goal is to foster confidence in the interpretation of the clinical presentation to allow appropriate and effective triage of surgical and non-surgical spine patients.
- Be familiar with common spine syndromes
- Identify the importance of radiologic findings in the work-up of spine syndromes
- Describe the importance of red and yellow flags in the evaluation of low back pain problems
- Perform a rapid and effective neurological examination for spine syndromes to screen for dangerous spine pathology
- Perform a rapid and effective musculoskeletal examination for spine syndromes to screen for functional deficits that may respond to treatment or physical therapy
- Document the results of the physical examination clearly
- Develop a persuasive spine referral for dangerous spine issues
- Help coordinate pre-operative and post-operative care with spine surgeons
|“Early” Registration, postmarked on or before 5/17/18||UNM Faculty with Tuition Remission|
|Nurse, PA, PT, Other||$250.00||$240.00|
|Cadaver Lab (Saturday, 6/2/18 @ UNM Domenici Center) This is an additional charge that includes transportation to/from UNM||$300.00||$300.00|
|Registration, postmarked after 5/17/18||UNM Faculty with Tuition Remission|
|Nurse, PA, PT, Other||$290.00||$280.00|
|Cadaver Lab (Saturday, 6/2/18 @ UNM Domenici Center)
This is an additional charge that includes transportation to/from UNM
If you pre-register and cannot attend, Continuing Medical Education & Professional Development will refund tuition, less a $40.00 administrative fee, provided it is received in writing on or before May 25, 2018. No refunds will be issued after this date or for non-attendance. Conferences are subject to cancellation. In the event this conference is cancelled, UNM CME is not responsible for any airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by participants.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.