At UNM Sandoval Regional Medical Center (SRMC), you benefit from the personal attention of a community hospital and the expertise and resources of an academic health care facility. That's because UNM SRMC's unique open medical staff model allows service from both University of New Mexico faculty physicians and community-based, independent doctors. All our staffers commit to quality improvement and patient safety, which helped us earn accreditation by The Joint Commission – the nation's largest independent, nonprofit health care accrediting agency.
Mission, Vision & Core Values
Discover our philosophy of care.
Our mission is to improve the overall health of the community by providing the highest-quality health care services that meet the needs of Sandoval County's diverse population, as well as providing, increasingly over time, health care and medical educational opportunities through partnerships with the UNM School of Medicine, UNM College of Nursing, UNM College of Pharmacy and Central New Mexico Community College.
UNM SRMC's vision is to be the health care and medical education provider of choice for Sandoval County.
Our values are to:
- Serve our community.
- Demonstrate excellence every day, in every way.
- Provide quality health care services.
- Optimize patient and provider safety.
- Exemplify teamwork to those around us.
- Show integrity in all that we do.
Since SRMC opened its doors in July 2012, we have remained committed to providing Sandoval County with quality, expert health care that’s always delivered with a smile.
You can count on our facility to provide many services, including:
- An Emergency Department
- A state-of-the-art Radiology & Women’s Imaging Department
- Primary care and specialty care clinics
- Physical and occupational therapy
SRMC also houses:
- Two procedural rooms
- Six operating rooms
- 60 acute care, inpatient beds in our medical, surgical and intensive care units
Medical Office Building
The Professional Arts Building has more than 40,000 square feet for:
- Primary care and specialty care physician clinic space.
- Outpatient physical therapy.
- Medical education space.
- Hospital cafeteria and dining room.
Medical and surgical specialties practicing within the Professional Arts Building include family medicine, internal medicine, orthopedic surgery, general surgery, urology, rheumatology, pulmonology, non-invasive cardiology, and ear, nose and throat.
At UNM SRMC, you’ll work with colleagues who’ve shown they share your values of service, quality, safety, excellence and teamwork. View our current openings.