When you go in for your appointment at UNM Senior Health Center, you’ll notice that the staff makes a point of spending extra time with you and your family.
As the only senior health center in Albuquerque that treats folks 75 years and older, our UNM Health System staff takes special care of patients who are frail, elderly and/or living with dementia.
You’ll get to know your multidisciplinary team made up of physicians, nurses and medical experts who specialize in working with seniors in areas such as pharmacy, psychology, physical therapy, social work and more.
In addition to the Falls Clinic, which is designed for patients who have frequent falls, we hold family conferences for complex, older patients. Other services include:
- Foot care
- Behavioral health counseling
- Diabetes education
- Physical therapy
- Social work/nurse case management services
- Memory and aging services
These free, nurse-managed clinics improve seniors’ health and independence. Registered nurses from the UNM College of Nursing, with assistance from UNM nursing and pharmacy students, hold the clinics on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays at community centers throughout Albuquerque.
Among the services they provide are:
- Blood pressure screening and monitoring
- Diabetes glucose blood screening
- Health-related counseling and assistance
- Medication review and education
- Nurse physicals for foster grandparent/senior companion programs
- Referrals for medical care, transportation, legal assistance and community services
GEHM Clinic Locations in Albuquerque
Call one of the listed centers to find out clinic days and hours:
- Barelas Senior Center: 714 7th Street SW; 505-764-6436
- Highland Senior Center: 131 Monroe SE; 505-256-2000
- Los Volcanes Senior Center: 6500 Los Volcanes Road SW; 505-836-8745
- North Domingo Baca Multi-Generational Center: 7521 Carmel Ave. NE; 505-764-6475
- North West Valley Senior Center: 3825 4th Street NW; 505-761-4025
- Manzano Mesa Multi-Generational Center: 501 Elizabeth SE; 505-275-8731
- South Valley Multi-Purpose Center: 2008 Larrazolo Rd. SW; 505-468-7341
- Bear Canyon Senior Center: 4645 Pitt NE; 505-767-5959
- Palo Duro Senior Center: 5221 Palo Duro NE; 505-888-8102
You can also find clinics at the following meal sites:
- David Specter Shalom House: 5500 Wyoming Blvd NE; 505-823-1433
- Los Duranes Community Center: 2920 Leopoldo Rd NW; 505-767-5900
- Tijeras Senior Center: #9 Tijeras Ave, Tijeras, NM 87059; 505-286-4220
Send an email for more information.