To apply to the Dental Hygiene Masters Degree program, apply online at the American Dental Education Association Dental Hygiene Centralized Application Service (ADEA/DHCAS) website.
For further information, view our brochure [PDF] or contact:
The University of New Mexico
Division of Dental Hygiene
Apply for Online MS in Dental Hygiene
Formal admission to The University of New Mexico Office of Graduate Studies is an initial requirement for admission to the Master of Science Degree Program [PDF] in Dental Hygiene. Applications for graduate admission are available from the UNM Division of Dental Hygiene.
The Division of Dental Hygiene will recommend acceptance into the program, but final determination of admittance rests with the UNM Office of Graduate Studies.
- Fall semester application deadline: July 31.
- Spring semester application deadline: November 30.
- Summer semester application deadline: April 30.
All applicants will be notified of their admission status. Selection will be given to qualified persons regardless of their race, color, religion, national origin, age, qualified disability or military involvement. Equal opportunity for admission is given to all qualified applicants.
The following documents must be submitted to the Division of Dental Hygiene for admittance to the program:
- Application to Office of Graduate Studies.
- Application to the Division of Dental Hygiene through ADEA DH CAS.
- Photocopy of National Dental Hygiene Board Examination results.
- Proof of a bachelor's degree in dental hygiene or a related field, and in the latter case, proof of having completed an accredited certificate or associate degree program in dental hygiene. Official college transcripts should be provided.
- Evidence of an undergraduate grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Three letters of recommendation submitted online through ADEA DH CAS.
- Interview with Admissions Committee.
- Completion of a certificate, associate or bachelor degree program in dental hygiene that has been accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and a regional accrediting agency.
- A copy of a current American dental hygiene license.
A non-refundable application fee of $105 must be included with your application payable online at TouchNet. Applications submitted without the application fee will be incomplete and will not be considered.