Mental and behavioral health is essential to improving the quality of life for people living with HIV/Stage 3 (AIDS). Our treatment services encompass medical treatment as well as behavioral health support to ensure overall health and well being.
We provide a full range of diagnostic, therapeutic and psychiatric services including:
- Psychiatric consultation
- Medication management
- Neuropsychological assessment
- Diagnostic assessments
- Counseling and psychotherapy
- Substance use treatment and referral services
We strive to enhance the quality of life of people living with HIV/Stage 3 (AIDS) by providing coordinated care. Our medical and behavioral professionals work together as a team to help you reach your treatment goals and enhance your quality of life.
Why Mental Health Matters
Coping with chronic illness can be emotionally taxing. People living with HIV/Stage 3 (AIDS) are at a higher risk for behavioral health problems, which are often caused by the stress associated with HIV treatment. These forms of stress may include:
- Dealing with social stigma and discrimination
- Telling family, friends and loved ones they are HIV-positive
- Managing medication (side effects, adherence, etc.)
- Changes in physical appearance due to infection and HIV treatment
- Ongoing substance abuse
- Belief that nothing can be done about their condition
- Cognitive problems
Our behavioral health professionals are sensitive to the unique struggles of an HIV-positive person. We appreciate you and are committed to providing the support you need to improve your personal well being in whatever way we can.Depression, anxiety and substance abuse are serious health concerns for all individuals, but especially those living with HIV/Stage 3 (AIDS). Without treatment, these conditions can disrupt one’s ability to effectively manage the disease while impacting the patient’s treatment goals.