Staff Mentorship Program
- Accepting Applications through August 14th
- Mentor Orientation September Date TBD
- Kick-off September Date TBD
The Health Science Center (HSC) mentorship program is designed to help employees increase their knowledge base, polish their professional skills and enhance their career development. In this program, individuals enter into a relationship that is focused on the effectiveness and development of the mentee facilitated by the mentor. We are seeking employees who are willing to share their experiences and insights to serve as mentors in an effort to help other employees (mentees) realize success.
The following points further describe the mentoring experience:
- Mentee has the opportunity to improve or develop management skills, knowledge, and actions to be more effective in their careers.
- Mentor has the opportunity to share their experiences, knowledge and skills in the development of their mentee.
- Mentor/Mentee meetings offer the mentee a consistent process to ask questions and gain insights to the management role at UNM.
- HSC Staff Mentorship Speaker Series presentations offer professional development opportunities.
Building Mentorships with Diversity