Advancing Nursing Science
At the University of New Mexico College of Nursing, the diverse and experienced nursing faculty members promote health and enhance the practice of nursing through research. These dedicated professionals create a learning environment that helps students reach their potential, develop professional skills and knowledge, and commit to lifelong learning.
Areas of Nursing Research
Research and scholarship at the UNM College of Nursing is consistent with our mission. Explore our major areas of research and scholarship:
- Rural and underserved populations
- Innovative education models
- Health policy and health equity
- Symptom science and self-management
Applying Research Findings
Through dynamic and growing efforts, we are:
- Developing new understandings of health among vulnerable populations.
- Improving clinical practice through symptom science, evidence-based inquiry and implementation.
- Addressing health equity as it relates to chronic illness, rural health, women’s health and health policy issues.
Support for faculty research and scholarship comes from:
- UNM Clinical and Translational Sciences Center
- National Institute of Nursing Research
- U.S. Health Resources & Services Administration
- Other governmental agencies, foundations and private sponsors