Learn about specific career opportunities and apply online.
What are the advantages of being a UNM Locum Tenens Provider?
- Competitive pay
- Flexible schedule
- Paid malpractice insurance while working assignments for UNM
- Extra income to pay off school loans, boost retirement income or just enjoy
- Explore the Land of Enchantment while keeping a work schedule and income
- Explore potential employment openings without obligation
- Maintain connections with other professionals in your field
Malpractice – Once a provider is officially hired, medical malpractice insurance is provided by UNM.
PLEASE NOTE: medical malpractice insurance is limited to services scheduled through the LT Program. It is imperative that coverage be scheduled through the LT Program and not directly with the site. If coverage is scheduled directly with the site, provider will NOT be covered by malpractice insurance.
UNM Gym – Temporary employees of UNM have access to Johnson Gym.
- $40.00/semester charge
- Must provide a letter from the Locum Tenens office verifying employment.
For additional information regarding sponsor (spouse, dependent, and/or domestic partner) rec. card information, please visit the website for recreational services.
DEA Reimbursement – In order to be eligible for the reimbursement of DEA fees, provider must complete a total of 100 hours of coverage in medically underserved areas within a calendar year.
Drive Time – Providers receive a drive time incentive for any coverage at sites more than 75 miles from Albuquerque.
Holiday Pay – Holidays are paid at the rate of one and a half (1 1/2) times the applicable rate. Please note, holiday rate applies only to actual coverage provided. Drive time is paid at the regular drive time rate. All IHS sites are excluded from holiday pay.