2019 Indian Health Basic and Refresher Colposcopy Course
The Indian Health Basic and Refresher Colposcopy Courses are designed to prepare the new colposcopist in the evaluation and treatment of cervical dysplasia and to provide a review and update for the experienced colposcopist. The program is targeted for IHS, Tribal, and Urban Indian Clinic providers. It's ideal for gynecologists and primary care providers who do colposcopy. The format includes lectures, interactive audience response session and small group slide review sessions.
Basic and Refresher Course Objectives
- Discuss the role of HPV in the development of cervical pre-cancer and cancer.
- Review the epidemiology of cervical cancer in Indian Country.
- Differentiate the typical cytologic, histologic, and colposcopic findings of the normal and abnormal cervix including low-grade, high-grade, and malignant lesions of the cervix.
- Demonstrate appropriate locations for biopsy on cervix images.
- Review the evaluation of the vulva and the vagina for premalignant and benign conditions,
- Discuss appropriate management for woman with varying degrees of abnormality of the cervix.
- Satisfactorily focus the colposcope and demonstrate biopsy techniques.
Refresher Course Objectives
- Discuss the role of random biopsies and endocervical curettage.
- List changes in histology terminology using “LAST”.
- Appropriately use the IFCPC Colposcopy terminology.
- List the benefits and risks of a new HPV vaccine.
- Discuss the potential value of primary HPV screening.
- Contrast cervical screening in low resource countries with recommendations for the U.S. in general.
Advance registration is encouraged. Minimum and maximum numbers have been established for this conference. Please present your confirmation letter at the registration desk upon arrival at the conference. If you do not receive a confirmation letter, please contact UNM CME at (505) 272-3942 to verify your attendance.
|Non-IHS/Tribal/Urban Clinical Provider Fees||Fees|
|Early Registration||$360.00 (Before Feb. 12, 2019)|
|Regular Registration||$390.00 (Between Feb. 13—23, 2019)|
|UNM Resident||$35.00 |
(Must provide a copy of UNM ID.
Will not receive professional credit)
Non-IHS/Tribal/Urban providers are responsible for their tuition as well as their own travel costs associated with attending this training.
Providers from IHS/Tribal/Urban Indian Health Facilities
If employed through an IHS facility you will not be charged tuition but you are responsible for your own travel costs associated with attending the training. Please email Roberta.Paisano@ihs.gov if there are further questions.
UNM CME no longer accepts POs or faxed registrations with credit card information. Registration closes February 23, 2019. On site Registrations are welcome, $65 late fee will apply.
UNM Tuition Remission
All eligible UNM Faculty and Staff may enroll using a UNM Tuition Remission (waiver) to cover tuition costs listed on the registration form. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION SITE. A copy of the UNM Tuition Remission Form, along with a copy of the conference registration form, need to be emailed to HSC-CMEWeb@salud.unm.edu, Attn: Registration or faxed to (505) 272-8604. The UNM Tuition Remission Form can be found here: https://hr.unm.ed/benefits/tuition-remission. The conference registration form can be found on the right side of this page (click “Download the Brochure”). Proper completion includes all required signatures. No refund or credit will be issued for non-attendance.
If you pre-register and cannot attend, Continuing Medical Education & Professional Development will refund tuition, less a $40.00 administrative fee, provided it is received in writing on or before February 18, 2019. No refunds will be issued after this date or for non-attendance. Conferences are subject to cancellation. In the event this conference is cancelled, UNM CME is not responsible for any airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by participants.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.