Primary Care Sports Medicine Update 2019
This course is designed to provide primary healthcare providers a review of current management techniques for sports-related and general Orthopaedic issues in selected areas of the musculoskeletal system.
Emphasis of this course will be on problems commonly encountered by primary health care providers, including diagnosis, management, and appropriate criteria for referral to an Orthopaedic surgeon or for other subspecialty care when indicated.
The general objectives of this conference for all participants are to:
- Review the evaluation and management of lower and upper extremity joint dislocations
- Review the evaluation and management of common sports hand injuries
- Review the evaluation and management of common sports foot and ankle injuries
- Review the evaluation and management of sports related shoulder injuries
- Review the updated physical activity guidelines for the general population
- Review updated physical activity guidelines in pregnancy
- Review the evaluation and management of common running injuries
- Review and get hands on practice in joint and soft tissue injections
- Review and get hands on practice in shoulder and knee physical examination
Your registration fee includes conference materials, refreshment breaks and lunch on Friday. Advance registration is encouraged. Register early to avoid disappointment. Minimum and maximum numbers have been established for this conference; therefore, your pre-registration will be confirmed by email. Please confirm your registration before making travel arrangements. Please present your Confirmation Letter at the registration desk.
Registrations paid in cash must be in the exact amount of tuition. CME does not maintain a petty cash fund.
- Online with credit card
- Standard US Mail: Make check payable to: UNM Continuing Medical Education & Professional Development Mail Registration Form & check to: UNM CME, MSC09 5370, 1 University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM 87131-0001. (It is UNM policy to charge offerer $35.00 plus normal merchant bank fees for each returned check.)
- In person/faxed: Cash must be in the exact amount of tuition. CME does not maintain a petty cash fund. CME Main Office 505-272-3942 | Fax 505-272-8604. Your registration will be confirmed by email.
|Conferency Registration Fees||Early Bird: On or Before|
Sep. 23, 2019
Sep. 24 - Oct 14
Oct 15 - Oct 18
|PA, RN, NP, OT, PT, Others||$182.00||$226.00||$291.00|
If you pre-register and cannot attend, Continuing Medical Education & Professional Development will refund tuition, less a $40.00 administrative fee, provided it is received in writing on or before October 4, 2019. No refunds will be issued after this date or for non-attendance. Conferences are subject to cancellation. In the event this conference is cancelled, UNM CME is not responsible for any airfare, hotel or other costs incurred by participants.
UNM Tuition Remission
All eligible UNM Faculty and Staff may enroll using a UNM Tuition Remission (waiver) to cover tuition costs listed on the registration form. PLEASE DO NOT USE THE ONLINE REGISTRATION SITE.
A copy of the UNM Tuition Remission Form, along with a copy of the conference registration form, need to be emailed to HSC-CMEWeb@salud.unm.edu, or faxed to (505) 272-8604. The conference registration form can be found on the right side of this page (click “Download the Brochure”). Proper completion includes all required signatures. No refund or credit will be issued for non-attendance.
This activity has been approved for AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM.
The American Physical Therapy Association, New Mexico Chapter, is reviewing the program for continuing education credits for physical therapists.
Application for CME credit has been filed with the American Academy of Family Physicians.
October 18, 2019
University of New Mexico Continuing Education Center
1634 University Blvd NE
Albuquerque, NM 87102