Broadening Educational Experiences

Our Services

We can help you with...

Send an email to OMSA and a letter exempting you from jury duty can be written for you.

Letter of good standing or other type of customized letter verifying your enrollment in the MD program. Send an email to OMSA with your request and office staff will create a letter for you.

OMSA is able to provide students with unofficial transcript copies upon request. If you require an official transcript, it can be ordered through the UNM Main Campus Registrar's Office.

Once you've completed the “Online PowerChart Training for Medical Students” course on Learning Central, provide OMSA with a copy of your HSC Badge (both sides) and your contact information, OMSA will forward a PowerChart request to the HSC Help Desk. They will contact you with login instructions.

If you have lost access to your salud email account, first contact HSC IT to address the problem. If the issue is caused by an expired role due to a leave of absence or dual degree status, please contact OMSA and we can update your access.

To replace your HSC badge, please come by OMSA to pick up a badging form. Our signature must be original and you must take the form to the badge office the same day.

Final year MD students may be asked to provide various documentation for their away elective applications (copy of malpractice insurance, background screen verification, OSHA training certification, etc.) Many times OMSA is able to provide these documents.


Physical Address

Fitz Hall room 107

Mailing Address

UNM SOM Office of Medical Student Affairs
MSC 08 4700, 1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131

Email Address


Fax: 505-272-8239

Hours of Operation

Monday - Friday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
(Mountain Standard Time)
We are closed on holidays and during SOM event days.

Are you a patient looking for care?