For more information about our online bachelor's degree program, please contact Rebecca Diemer at email@example.com
Online Bachelor's Degree Completion in Dental Hygiene
The University of New Mexico offers an online BS Degree Completion Program [PDF] in Dental Hygiene as a continuation of a certificate or associate degree in dental hygiene. This program is exclusively available online.
Full-time or Part-time Learning
The program offers an opportunity to expand basic dental hygiene knowledge and skills into areas such as education, management, research, public health or advanced clinical training. The curriculum is designed to allow continuing students to complete the program on a full- or part-time basis.
The university requires the completion of a minimum of 128 semester hours in order to achieve a baccalaureate degree. Thirty of these hours must be completed at UNM. Fifteen of these hours must be completed after 92 hours have been earned. Degree candidates are also required to complete core curriculum courses.
Additional credit hours are elected to meet the interests of the individual student and to fulfill graduation requirements. UNM offers many exciting educational avenues to explore and students have the opportunity to design a curriculum according to personal career interests.
The two dental hygiene courses, DEHY 400 and DEHY 410, are taught during the fall and the spring semester. The DEHY 440 Field Experience can be scheduled at any time during the calendar year. A total of six credits in DEHY 440 is required, which equals 288 clock hours of experience in a setting of the student's choice.
UNM degree completion students partake in a wide range of activities that may benefit future career endeavors, including graduate study.
Tuition and Fees
Please see UNM tuition rates for more information.
- Completion of a certificate or associate degree program in dental hygiene that has been accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation and a regional accreditation agency, or a letter of approval from the director of a CODA and regionally accredited New Mexico community college program.
- A satisfactory grade point average of at least 2.5 on a 4.0 scale
- Application to the University of New Mexico
- Application to the Degree Completion Program
- Official sealed transcripts of all prior college courses undertaken submitted to both UNM and the Division of Dental Hygiene
- A non-refundable application fee of $105 must be included with your application payable online at:TouchNet. Applications submitted without the application fee will be incomplete and will not be considered.
- A copy of national board scores
- A copy of current Dental Hygienist license
- Interview with the Admissions Committee
- Passport photograph attached to Dental Hygienist application
- Fall Semester application deadline: July 31
- Spring Semester application deadline: November 30
- Summer Semester application deadline: April 30