Office of Professional Wellbeing
The Office of Professional Wellbeing understands the need for self-care and is dedicated to:
- Promoting a deeper understanding of physician wellbeing and providing high-quality patient care.
- Providing curriculum and resources to enable physicians and trainees to tend to their personal Wellbeing.
- Fostering a learning environment that recognizes, supports and responds effectively to peers and colleagues in need of assistance.
- Identifying, championing and evaluating novel strategies to improve efficiency of practice for students, residents and faculty.
- Collaborating with colleagues to develop and assess the impact of individual and institutional wellness interventions.
Our office is dedicated to providing initiatives for faculty and learners that improve practice efficiency, enhance a culture of wellness and promote personal resiliency. This Stanford University Medical School wellness model aims to stem physician burnout—a growing issue nationally. Learn more.
Elizabeth Lawrence, MD
Chief Wellness Officer & Assistant Dean for Professional Wellbeing
Reginald Heber Fitz Hall
1 University of New Mexico
Albuquerque, NM 87131
Liz Lawrence, MD, FACP
Chief Wellness Officer, Assistant Dean for
Pam Arenella, MD
Director, UME Wellness Initiatives
Eileen Barrett, MD, MPH, FACP
Director, GME Wellness Initiatives
Raven Cuellar, PhD (available as of 7/20/20)
Jeff Dunn, MD
Rebecca Ezechukwu, PhD
Lynn Lessard, MA
Joyce Phillips, MD
Director, Faculty Wellness Initiatives
*Available to Health Sciences Center students/residents
**Available to School of Medicine student/residents