Mental Health Resources
For Those in Crisis
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 and crisis text line at 741-741
- New Mexico Crisis and Access Line: 1-855-662-7474
- Agora Crisis Center: 505-277-3013 or 866-HELP-1-NM
- UNMMHC Psychiatric Emergency Services, 2600 Marble Ave. NE 505-272-2920
- Rape Crisis Center of Central New Mexico: 24-Hour Hotline: 505-266-771 (Se habla Español)
Help for Students: All services are confidential
- Student Health and Counselling (SHAC) - 505-277-3136
- Dr. Jeff Dunn is a psychiatrist who sees medical students at no-cost. He provides short term and long term therapy and can prescribe medications when needed.
- Dr. Cheri Koinis is a psychologist who sees medical students at no-cost. She provides short term and long term therapy. Dr. Koinis is not able to prescribe medications.
- Please see the 2018-2019 Psychotherapy and Counseling Guide for additional resources.
Help for Residents and Fellows: All services are confidential
- Outcomes: provides counseling, education, conflict resolution and other services for residents and fellows. 243-255
- Dr. Jeff Dunn is a psychiatrist who sees residents and fellows. He provides short term and long term therapy and can prescribe medications when needed. You will not be charged a co-pay for seeing Dr. Dunn, but your insurance will be billed.
- Dr. Cheri Koinis is a psychologist who sees residents and fellows at no-cost. She provides short term and long term therapy. Dr. Koinis is not able to prescribe medications.
Help for Faculty: All services are confidential
- CARS: Counseling, Assistance and Referral Service – available to all HSC employees and faculty – 272-6868
Additional Albuquerque Resources:
- Adult Children of Alcoholics 256-8300
- Al-Anon Information Service 262-2177
- Alcoholics Anonymous 266-1900
- Addictions & Substance Abuse Program (UNM) 925-2300
- Cocaine Anonymous 291-3888
- National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Abuse 256-8300
- Adult Survivors of Child Abuse 255-3182
- Albuquerque Shelter for Victims of Domestic Violence 247-4219
- Albuquerque Rape Crisis Center 266-7711
- Catholic Charities 724-4670
- NM Crisis and Access Line (NMCAL) 1 -855-622-7474
- Overeaters Anonymous 292-9080
- Psychiatric Emergency Services 272-2920
- UNM Women’s Resource Center 277-3714